A ‘Tree Bank’ is a kind of nursery or a park of translocated trees which can be used to assess the impact on translocated tree species. It is recommended that the translocation of trees should be at one sit, either in strips or in the form of groves.
Features of Tree Bank:
What can a tree bank do for us?
Interesting facts about trees:
- Well-maintained trees and shrubs can increase the value of a property by up to 14%.
- A mature tree removes almost 70 times more pollution than a newly planted tree.
- Each average-sized tree provides an estimated $7 savings in annual environmental benefits, including energy conservation and reduced pollution.
- The amount of pollution reduced by one single tree in an year is immense.
- Trees drink about 2,000 liters of water each year.
- Trees improve water quality by slowing and filtering rainwater and protecting aquifers and watersheds.
- If a birdhouse is hung on a tree branch, it does not move up the tree as the tree grows.
- Trees are the longest living organisms on Earth, and never die of old age.
“The best friend of a man on earth is the tree. When we use the tree respectfully and economically, we have one of the greatest resources on the earth”